Saint Therese of Lisieux was beatified in 1923 and canonized in 1925. It was decided to build a large basilica dedicated to the pilgrimage in the city where she lived and where she died. Visit this one-day tour departing from Paris in the life of Saint Therese and follow into her footsteps.
- Meeting point: St Lazare Train Station, PARIS
- Assistance at St. Lazare Train Station before taking the train
- Round trip train ticket PARIS/LISIEUX/PARIS in 2ND CLASS (1h30 each way)
- Depart at 08:44 and return by 19.18 to PARIS D
- Arrival to LISIEUX
- Upon arrival, meet with your guide from the SANCTUARY OF LISIEUX for a full day walking tour in the footsteps of the SAINT
- You will visit the BUISONNETS (her childhood home)
- The CARMEL where she is buried, the BASILICA built in her honor (MASS), & the CATHEDRAL where she prayed
- LUNCH with the Sisters of the HERMITAGE
- Return at 17:34 Train Depart for PARIS
- Arrive by 19:18 to PARIS
- The Carmel, founded in 1838, is where you can find the tomb of Saint Therese. She is represented lying on her deathbed wearing the habit of the Carmelite order. Pilgrims are offered a spiritual tour, combining modern means and numerous authentic objects, to enable them to rediscover and explore the message of this Saint.
- Les Buissonnets: The house “Buissonnets” is the childhood home of St. Teresa of Lisieux. Today it is a museum consisting of scenes describing the stages of the life of Therese Martin.
- The Basilica of Lisieux: Saint Therese of Lisieux was beatified in 1923 and canonized in 1925. It was decided to build a large basilica dedicated to the pilgrimage in the city where she lived and where she died. Preceded by a large forecourt, the monument stands on a hill, on the edge of the city. It is fully funded by donations and subscriptions from around the world.
- The Cathedral of Saint-Pierre de Lisieux is a monument of Gothic style which survived the 1944 bombings. The church visible today was built between 1160 and 1230, at the initiative of Bishop Arnoul. Bishop Pierre Cauchon, who is known for investigating the trial of Joan of Arc, is buried there as he was appointed the bishop of Lisieux in 1432.
Read more about A Day in the Footsteps of St Theresa of Lisieux 2019 – Paris – https://www.viator.com/tours/Paris/A-Day-in-the-Footsteps-of-St-Theresa-of-Lisieux/d479-110148P2?mcid=56757