PROVENCE JEWISH HERITAGE SHORE EXCURSION FROM MARSEILLE
Discover the history of the Jewish people in the Provence area with this unique private tour of Les Milles, Carpenters, Cavaillon and Avignon.
Languages: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese and other languages on request
- 2-6 people max
- Pick-up at the Marseille Port
- Our day starts with the visit of Les Milles – an internment camp where Jews were assembled for deportation to Auschwitz and Birkenau
- Full visit of the new museum that was lately inaugurated by president Francois Hollande
- We then continue to CARPENTRAS to visit the oldest synagogue in France dating as far back as 1357 – one fifth of the population of CARPENTRAS was Jewish
- We then continue to CAVAILLON to visit the old Jewish quarter and its famous Synagogue (1774) which is now a historic monument.
- Lunch at leisure
- Early in the afternoon – we arrive at AVIGNON where we will visit the old Jewish neighborhood with its 1846 synagogue and the Palace of The Popes.
- Return to the Marseille Port
- Pick-up and drop-off at the Marseille Port
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Food and beverages
- Tips for the guide
About Bookings and Prices
- Prices starting from 312€ per person (For groups of 6)
- Special prices for big groups
For Bookings or further details: